Scythebill 15.7 is now available! It's a smaller releases, with some internal upgrades, lat/long improvements, and a few small fixes. As always, download here, and let me know if you have any problems, either on Facebook or by email.
15.7.1 was released on June 12th with a fix for MacOS only (writing CSVs failed)
15.7.2 was released on June 20th with a few more small fixes; ABA region reports were broken in 15.7.0 for about half of users, and saving as a spreadsheet failed for MacOS.
15.7.3 was released on July 12th with several more fixes:
- Non-US MacOS users saw incorrect date formats in some places.
- The German translation is much improved, thanks to a recent contribution from M. Johanning.
- Trip reports will now include sighting descriptions even when there are multiple locations for a single species.
- BirdBase imports should do a far better job of handling descriptions that contain double-quote characters.
- Observado imports now automatically distinguish between Luxembourg-the-country, and Luxembourg-the-province-of-Belgium.
- Scythebill doesn't support eBird taxa like "Gull sp.", and drops those on import. It now tells you that it's done so.
- The IOC checklist substituted "South American" for the abbreviation "SA" more often than it should. Specifically, SA often meant South Australia; that mistaken substitution is now fixed.
- BirdBrain imports that referenced state codes ("AZ" instead of Arizona) are now much better supported.
- Renaming a location that had an attached custom checklist would inadvertently delete the checklist!
- An error noticed by a few users after hitting the "Back" button from the "New Location" page during "Enter sightings" has been fixed.