Scythebill 16.2 is now available! It adds several small improvements and refinements. There's also a number of new As always, download here, and let me know if you have any problems, either on Facebook or by email.
Update: Scythebill 16.2.1 was released with bug fixes and small new features - see below.
Update 2: Scythebill 16.2.2 was released with one bug fix - 16.2.1 broke the "New for" column in Enter sightings for everyone not using multiple observers.
16.2.1: New for an observer
16.2.1: Another way to create trip reports
New for "Photographed"
Hybrids and sp's of eBird groups or IOC subspecies
New spreadsheet option - "Omit sp./hybrid sightings?"
Fast access to location maps
Better Wildlife Recorder imports
- Some MacOS users with Sonoma (not me!) had reported problems with Save dialogs not showing up when they tried to save reports or country checklists as spreadsheets. I've made a tweak which might help, though I'll admit the underlying problem is still opaque to me.
- The "Total Ticks" report had problems handling mutli-continent countries, like the US, Indonesia, and Russia.
- A very long-standing bug with an error message "IndexOutOfBoundsException: bitIndex < 0" is hopefully fixed.
- An error that some users saw when changing observers should be fixed.
- Birder's Diary imports now are more tolerant of files using different encodings. (I think this will fix issues when using the latest version of Birder's Diary, but I also expect that most users will get better results asking Birder's Diary to create a file for eBird, then importing to Scythebill with that.)