More detailed instructions are below, but if you know what you're doing, download the appropriate file for your operating system:
Linux installer (32-bit)Linux installer (64-bit)
If you're using an operating system other than Windows, MacOS, or Linux, you might want the cross-platform JAR; you'll need to also install Java.
Instructions (installer version):
- Download the installer, and run it.
- Open "Launch Scythebill" inside the new Scythebill shortcut in the Start menu (or double-click on any existing .bsxm sightings file)
- Download the above .zip file.
- Open it to decompress it, and open the scythebill-12.9.1.dmg file that is produced
- Open the now-available Scythebill 12.9.1 disk, and drag Scythebill from it into your Applications folder.
- Open Scythebill (from your Applications folder)
- Download the appropriate installer
- Open a terminal, and type (for 32-bit):
chmod u+x ~/Downloads/Scythebill-12.9.1-linux-installer.run; ~/Downloads/Scythebill-12.9.1-linux-installer.run
...or for 64-bit:
chmod u+x ~/Downloads/Scythebill-12.9.1-linux-x64-installer.run; ~/Downloads/Scythebill-12.9.1-linux-x64-installer.run
- Run Scythebill with ~/Scythebill/Scythebill.run
You can use this file to run Scythebill on any operating system, but it requires a Java installation, and is missing many of the niceties of the native applications above.
- Download the .zip file and unzip into a JAR file
- Install Java (Java 7) or later
- Open the JAR file (or run from a terminal with "java -jar scythebill-12.9.1.jar"